Your privacy is important to us. Quest understands that when you visit our website and provide us with personal information, you trust that that we will act responsibly and keep your information secure and confidential. To better protect your privacy, we provide this statement to explain the way your information is collected and used.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Children’s Information
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
You can visit Questsys.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. While we do log IP addresses (the Internet address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider) and track hits and visits to our pages, we do this only to analyze overall user trends; individual users remain anonymous. Tracking user sessions and page views helps us understand how visitors use our site, which areas are most popular, and how long visitors spend there.
Quest collects the following data, via contact forms, when submitted by you or other web visitors:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, and company name)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Quest with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Have made an inquiry or complaint to us.
- Have made an information request to us.
- Wish to attend, or have attended, an event.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Have applied for a job or secondment with us.
- Are representing your organization.
Quest may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Consumer websites
- Social media websites
How will we use your data?
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Quest uses email addresses and other personal information submitted through our website to reply to your requests for information about our products, services, and other general information.
We will need certain details such as your name, email address, phone number, and company name in order to respond to your inquiries and provide you with more information on those services. On occasion, we may also use your contact information to inform you of Quest’s services or upcoming events. We do not disclose information about individual visits to Questsys.com or other personal information that you may give us to any third parties without your permission.
How do we store your data?
Quest securely stores your data in hybrid on-premises and cloud storage.
Quest will occasionally send email communications to interested parties to provide the latest news, alerts, events, and information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
What are your data protection rights?
Quest would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Quest for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a nominal fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Quest correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Quest complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Quest erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Quest restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Quest’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Quest transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information; however, we may be given information about children while providing services. The information in the relevant parts of this notice applies to children as well as adults.
This privacy notice has been approved for clarity by Plain Language Commission. A person with a reading age of at least 14 should be able to follow its main points.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For additional information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies; however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Quest uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Quest uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Quest sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website allaboutcookies.org explains how to remove cookies from your browser; however, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result browser setting changes.
Privacy policies of other websites
From time to time, we may notify you of updates to this privacy statement by placing a notice on our site. We encourage you to periodically check back and review our privacy guidelines so that you remain informed on how we collect and use information. We realize that you exercise caution when submitting your personal information via the Internet and we are committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting that information.
The privacy statement posted on this site was updated on or about April 25, 2019.
How to contact us
Call us: 800-326-4220
Write to us: P.O. Box 910, Roseville, CA 95678
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Quest has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at 0-303-123-1113.