Discussing these alternatives begins with understanding a few terms:
- Backup: Making a copy or copies of data.
- Replication: Copying and then moving data between a company’s sites. It is typically measured in Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- RTO: How long you can go without particular data or apps — i.e., your maximum allowable/tolerable outage time.
- RPO: How much data you can afford to lose — i.e., the maximum allowable/tolerable time between the last data backup and the time of data loss.
Quest offers backup and replication solutions and services that can reduce your customers’ backup hassles and improve their ability to recover from data loss, which means the difference between surviving a disruption versus going out of business. You can begin the backup/recovery conversation with your customers by asking:
- What types of data does your business rely on — and how often does it change — (e.g., emails, spreadsheets, databases, line-of-business apps, etc.)?
- What will happen — and how much will it cost you — if X type of data is unavailable for an hour, a day, a week?
These are just conversation starters, designed to get your customers thinking about what a loss of data really means to their operations.
- You don’t need to have all the answers, engage Quest early so we can help you determine the appropriate next steps.
- Take advantage of Quest’s Replication Services Review to show your customer the state of their IT — and greatly empower your ability to sell solutions.
- Leverage Quest’s long standing relationships with the leading storage vendors and our global Service Delivery Centers.
- Backup/recovery solutions complements other services we offer, which can lead to new opportunities for your business.
- Every time you sell a Quest service you get a piece of the recurring revenue from each subscription you bring in.
We’re here to help you grow your business and provide your customers with a cost-effective and customized backup/recovery solution. Feel free to share this video on Quest’s Backup & Replication Services with your customers.