Which is the better solution — DaaS or VDI?
Each camp promotes its approach and dismisses the other while analysts argue about which one will “prevail.” Yet these technology debates do little more than distract you from finding the best solution for your organization.
So pull your eyes from those tech specs and focus on these six questions:
- > Which of your business activities will benefit from virtualized desktops?
- > Which of your functional groups and disciplines will need to come together to make it work? (A lack of cooperation among internal groups is a major culprit in many DaaS and VDI failures.)
- > Do you really have the capital resources, skillsets, and lead time needed to create a virtualized desktop infrastructure yourself?
- > Once defined and operational, what disciplines will you need to support and maintain your virtualized desktops?
- > How will your virtualized desktops be secured? How will they interact with other systems?
- > Who’ll provide end-user support (e.g., help desk)?
As you address these questions, you’’ll find the DaaS vs. VDI debate settling itself while you take on more critical issues about your readiness for virtualized desktops. You’ll also be in a better position to choose a technology partner able to deliver the virtualized desktop functionalities, capabilities, and support that serve you best.
Find out more about Desktop as a Service solutions offered by Quest .